Processing Master Planner at Constellation Brands
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lodi, California
This role is responsible for creating and maintaining the cellar production schedule. This individual will have the opportunity to implement, sustain, and improve efficiency and capacity capabilities across the cellar while ensuring inventory is properly balanced. The Master Processing Planner works closely with Winemaking, Wine Info, Packaging, and Maintenance teams to appropriately balance production scheduling activities in the cellar; which includes shipping and receiving tankers, equipment utilization, wine transfers, barrel production, etc.
The Master Processing Planner works in conjunction with Cellar leadership to determine upcoming crewing needs based on agreed upon production requirements. During harvest, this individual plays a vital role in determining optimal grape truck delivery times; in conjunction with weekly scheduling duties. A continuous improvement mindset is imperative as the Cellar Scheduler works with the team to optimize process flow in all areas of the cellar; and will be expected to drive the cellar organization’s successful transformation to a culture philosophy committed to continuous process flow improvements, innovation, and the elimination of waste.
- Utilize data and winemaking knowledge to develop a sound 12-month Master Processing Schedule, balancing operational efficiencies with inventory & service objectives
- Evaluates processing requirements versus constraints (bottling line capacity, wine supply, cellar equipment & labor availability, etc.) and works with Cellar, Wine Info, Maintenance and Winemaking to resolve issues or outline options for higher level review
- Proactively identifies & communicates tight supply situations utilizing reports and/or system alerts and appropriately prioritizes processing requirements
- Lead daily and weekly planning/scheduling meetings to ensure the flow throughout the facility is achievable and reliable; publish stable schedule for cellar to adhere to
- Collaborate with Cellar leadership to evaluate value add and non-value add process steps and create team-based efforts to simplify and optimize
- Recommend, develop, and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support objectives
- Create/maintain daily operations reports and reports on plan vs. actuals
- Interface with IT/Project Management on enhancements to systems and business processes
- Provide analytical support for out of stock issues and recommend opportunities for improvement through root cause analysis activities
- Examine production specifications and capacity data, and perform mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools, and labor requirements
- Build strategic working relationships with co-workers to promote mutual team benefits and support for onsite departments.
- Communicate effectively, concisely and constructively, both verbally and in writing. Must be timely and accurate with distribution of information.
- Participate (lead when needed) in Cellar team meetings (i.e., Visibility Board, Workload Status, and Scheduling). Willing to provide and receive feedback, observations and suggestions regarding staffing and training
- Understand current reality while having foresight to understand future demand requirements
- 5+ years of experience with a Continuous Improvement Methodology (combination of education and experience is acceptable)
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Operational Management, or Process Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in a winery or other food/beverage processing environment
- Experience with reading and interpreting engineering diagrams, process flow, pumps, pipes, valves, fluid flow, and all basic cellar equipment
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to determine system requirements and specifications
- Both practical and formal training in Six Sigma, Lean or other similar disciplines with a focus on driving cost reduction and performance improvement
- Previous experience with design and execution of controlled experiments to optimize processes, yield and/or quality
- Previous experience in process development, scale-up, technology transfer, and equipment/process validation activities
- Skill and experience in yield optimization & cost reduction, production efficiencies & quality improvements. Process engineering approaches including mass balance, process cycle time, capability analysis, design of experiment, etc.
- Proven ability to influence process stake holders
- Understanding of practical statistics and identification of critical process parameters
- Ability to plan, organize and execute initiatives
- Previous experience working in lean manufacturing
- Strong computer skills with ability to extract, format, analyze and act on relevant data
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Primary office environment may be warehouse distribution setting
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaOperations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).