Contracts Administrator at DRS Technologies
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Electronics is a collection of Lines of Businesses and Centers of Excellence driven to be the U.S Navy's Leading provider of electronics products, subsystems, systems and integrated solutions, and expand into adjacent markets. Naval Electronics site locations span across the continental United States and include Johnstown, PA, Largo, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Twin Cities, MN, Germantown, MD, Washington, DC, and San Diego, CA
Administers and monitors contract performance on government contracts. May assist with the negotiation and administration of agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers and monitors contract performance on government contracts
- May assist with the negotiation and administration of agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for reviewing contract solicitation terms, handling contract award confirmations, interpreting agreement terms and conditions and identifying potential issues, reviewing agreement amendments / modifications and incorporating changes
- Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, identifies risks and areas of concern on contract terms and conditions and provides contractual advice, guidance and support to the contract lead / program and operations managers
- Responds to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Conducts fulfillment of contract deliverables, billings and cash collections
- Proposal preparation for customer requirements
- Prepares and analyzes moderately complex price proposals
- Participates in TINA implementation/sweeps
- Negotiates standard terms and conditions
- Monitors contract performance and cost controls and ensures compliance with contract terms
- Prepares teaming agreements, MOU’s, MOA’s, and domestic and international consultant/sales representative agreements and other contractual agreements
- Under direction, prepares contractual documents, including the preparation of contract terms and conditions, and assembles contract documentation package
- Participates in management review of proposals/contracts and in the conduct of program reviews
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends DRS’ mission, values and culture
- Maintain effective internal and external customer relations
- May prepare of export license applications
- May provide subcontract negotiation and management
- Perform special projects as requested
- Bachelors degree in related discipline with a minimum of 2 years related experience. Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Strong understanding of contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and detailed knowledge of the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements
- Comprehensive knowledge of the terms and conditions appropriate for different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, IDIQ, etc.) and their proper use
- Strong knowledge of government intellectual property (IP)/ software and data rights clauses and IP marking guidelines
- Detailed knowledge of source selection / evaluation process including cost and price analysis
- Strong knowledge of requirements for and experienced in administration of government property
- Detailed knowledge of government contract administration duties including subcontract flow downs, change management, inspection, acceptance, payment, warranty, close-out and records retention
- Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of proper drafting, negotiation and use of contracts, subcontracts, P.O.’s teaming and other forms of agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Contract / agreement briefing, negotiation and review experience
- Experience in monitoring contracts/subcontracts of increasing complexity and value
- Membership in National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and CPCM certification desired
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
<span style="font-family: "Arial",sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #NEL