Electrician Journeyman - Howard University at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Construction 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Electrical Shop Supervisor, installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
Essential Duties and Tasks:
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Plans, layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Assists with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Support and enforce all policies of the university, as well as university health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reports any necessary repairs to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Equipment/Computer Skills: This role routinely uses equipment such as power tools, outdoor equipment, for the repair and general maintenance of university equipment. Ability to safely work around electricity and use applicable tools, machine, equipment, personal protective equipment in the performance of duties.
Supervisory Responsibility: Oversee Electrician Helper
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED and one year of related work experience. Previous experience in a school setting is strongly desired. Vocational or any other technical school, training, or apprenticeship beyond HS may be substituted and considered in lieu of experience.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, lift, pull, push and walk for a minimum of three hours. Also must possess the ability to lift at least 45 lbs. using safe lifting techniques. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions: This position operates in an industrial plan and collegial environment; potential to work near and with moving mechanical parts; with regular exposure to fumes, dirt, airborne particles, hazardous materials and outdoor weather conditions.