Line Cook - Hen Quarter at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
The Cook follows predetermined menus to prepare meals and food items for customers in batch or single orders, may supervise junior level cooks, specializes in the preparation/cooking of cold food items, ensures proper food portions, and may assist in the food preparation process.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Prepare food items in bulk or to order.
- May assist in the food preparation process to speed up production.
- Prepare meals and food items to customer specifications as applicable.
- Follow all food handling procedures and regulations.
- Ensure proper food portions and quality of food items.
- Ability to follow and comply with recipes.
- Maintain a clear work area.
- Wash dishes and clean the back of house areas as necessary.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Encourage repeat business by providing quality meals and food items.
- Eliminate waste wherever possible.
- Accurately record production amounts throughout the meal.
- Pre-cost menus upon request.
- Post-cost menu upon completion of meal.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- May supervise junior level cooks or other kitchen staff.
- Ability to create cost-effective and customer-driven menus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.