Internship, Finance at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Waterbury, ConnecticutJob Description:
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
The business functions of a finance department typically include planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling its company's finances. The finance department also produces the company's financial statements.
The intern will be responsible for assisting the team with a wide range of activities some of which may include:
- Update ALM process flow charts
- Assist in various data analysis to support ALM modeling.
- Assist in annual testing for DFAST model components
- Review contracts for adherence to Procurement's Contract Standard and Execution Standard
- Provide coaching and feedback to the Line of Business on any gaps and suggestions for resolution.
- Ensure proper filing of executed contracts and approvals for suppliers deemed business critical within the Third Party Risk Management system.
FP & A
- Assist analysts/senior analysts in month-end accrual analysis
- Assist corporate planning team in preparation of decks- both quarterly Board of Director presentations, and presentations to OTC regarding forecast/planning process.
- Assist with analysis and review of monthly close documents.
- Assist with the review of monthly accruals.
- Assist with review of account reconciliations.
- Assist with daily accounting activities for staff on PTO.
Education, Experience and Job Skills:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student; Preferred: 2-4 years college experience
- Finance/Accounting majors
- Interest in banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Diligent and dependable