VP, Industrial Engineering at Hub Group Inc.
Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: The VP, Industrial Engineering is responsible for setting the vision and leading the department in analyzing and optimizing processes for providing solutions to our customers, to include developing business cases for improvement projects, such as variant reduction, and automation; creating documentation for standardized work processes, such as desk references, standard operating procedures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with tolerance based intervention plans for leaders. Under the direction of the SVP, Business Transformation, this position will assist in building an enterprise-wide Industrial Engineering team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build a team of Industrial Engineers, providing leadership and direction to support new business implementation and transformational design
- Develop work processes and standards for work measurement
- Continually review productivity and quality KPIs; establish new KPIs where necessary and maintain any current KPIs that are agreed to be relevant.
- Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution as required
- Optimize sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies through waste elimination and process improvements
- Lead continuous improvement events and structured problem solving efforts
- Perform time studies, assess job assignments relative to take time and create value stream maps for various Supply Chain processes.
- Lead department re-engineering or new projects as necessary
- Take a lead role in planning and execution of large project implementations or training initiatives
- Apply Industrial Engineering techniques (e.g. statistics, simulation, forecasting, optimization) to solve complex business problems
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering; Masters of Science in Industrial Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience managing and leading the work of others
- Robust knowledge of Lean principles with prior experience implementing them in a service provider environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some travel required to support initiatives
- Highly proactive and self-sufficient in pursuing improvement projects
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 3 medical plans
- Dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- Long term disability insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Vision insurance
- Additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Scholarship award
- Short term disability programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Holiday pay
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.