Financial Analyst, Internal Reporting at Hub Group Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst, Internal Reporting is responsible for compiling the internal reporting of the monthly financial results and assisting with the coordination and preparation of Budgets and Forecasts. This position reports to the Manager, Financial Analysis and Internal Reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monthly Reporting -Preparation of internal financial reports provided to executives, Board of Directors, and VPs.
- Variance Analysis - Provide support reviewing the monthly results. Investigate unusual results and provide explanations of P&L variances after month-end close.
- Budgets/Forecasts - Assist with development and consolidation of the budget/quarterly forecasts. Analyze actual results versus budget and forecasts.
- Competitor Analysis - Gather, review and summarize the results of Hub Group's competitors, peer group and suppliers.
- Assist with investor presentation for quarterly conference and call preparation including reviewing statistics, preparing analysis of costs, and working with CFO to anticipate questions received on the call.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and generate standard and custom reports.
- Assist with various special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 1-4 years' experience in financial management in a professional business environment is recommended.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP systems in general.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 Medical Plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid basic life/AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life/AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Voluntary short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary term life, critical illness and accident insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Scholarship award
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.