Full Stack Developer at Hub Group
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: Hub Group is looking to hire full-stack developer to design and build the next generation web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a modern web/mobile development stack (Node.js, Express, AngularJS, NoSQL Database) and cloud-based services. The candidate will be responsible for the overall web application framework, development tools, user experience, deployment and testing strategy. The candidate will work closely with project stakeholders to gather requirements and understand their needs, conceptualize, as well as facilitate discussions and design sessions to create innovative and user friendly products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and build core frameworks on Node.JS, shared services, NPM packages, and RESTful APIs
- Translates complex requirements into an easy to understand user experience by following the user-centered design process
- Have the ability to create prototypes and wireframes
- Design, develop, and maintain complex, high performance, and adaptive web applications
- Document and follow best design and development practices and recommend best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high quality code
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or relevant engineering discipline/experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in building customer facing cloud-based solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in product development using NodeJS (a must)
- 3+ years of experience with AngularJS, MEAN stack and other frameworks
- Knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and core java coding principles
- Experience developing web applications (Spring MVC, RESTful, JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience using D3JS or similar data visualization tool
- Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON.
- Experience with NoSQL Database
- Experience using Bootstrap or similar responsive framework
- Familiar with development tools such as cross-compilation, source revision control (GIT), bug tracking (JIRA), and JTAG debuggers.
- Experience using build tools like Grunt or Gulp
- Evaluate and advocate the use of various Open Source technologies and third party solutions
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 Medical Plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid basic life/AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life/AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Voluntary short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary term life, critical illness and accident insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Scholarship award
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.