Logistics Account Specialist at Hub City Terminals
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: The Account Management Specialist acts as the primary day-to-day contact for customers within an assigned customer account group which may include retail, durable goods, automotive, electronic commerce providers, etc. The Account Management Specialist will act as the primary liaison between the company and the customers, meeting customer expectations and working with internal Hub Group Departments to resolve any issues for the customer. Once the on-boarding of these customers has occurred, the Account Management Specialist will monitor and report order acceptance, order maintenance and accessorial management by the use of various Hub Group transportation management systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop a proactive relationship with the assigned customer accounts by resolution of issues and concerns in a timely manner and provide innovative solutions.
- Determine which accessorial charges can be billed and follow company process to successful conclusion, minimizing disputes, assisting in collections and working with Account Managers on solutions to reduce accessorial charges.
- Manage, monitor and report order acceptance, order maintenance and accessorial management by email, phone and use of various Hub Group transportation management systems.
- Offer alternative transportation solutions as necessary by analyzing internal and external account metrics.
- Manage assigned customer accounts to ensure they receive the best product at the lowest possible cost; maximize margin, network efficiency and On-Time Performance (OTP).
- Communicate with shipper and consignee contacts regarding exception notification and problem resolution.
- Maximize Hub profitability and reduce customer cost exposure by working with Operations to properly manage assets such as container pools.
- Maintain quality service by monitoring standards; advising supervisor of potential problems. Work with Manager, Account Management and Operations Group to address and resolve single load concerns in a timely manner.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, supply chain, or management preferred
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Experience with EDI processes, Web Tender Portals, fax and other applicable forms of electronic communication preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Word
- Highly effective communication, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and customer focused
- Ability to work weekend rotation when scheduled
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 Medical Plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid basic life/AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life/AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Voluntary short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary term life, critical illness and accident insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Scholarship award
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (630) 795-2164 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.