Transportation Construction Inspection Supervisor at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Uniontown, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni is currently seeing a Transportation Construction Inspector Supervisor (TCIS) with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Independently planning, coordinating, inspecting and/or overseeing project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance and standards.
- Assigning, scheduling and maintaining subordinate inspection staff throughout the project.
- Providing direction and oversight to inspection staff.
- Reviewing and maintaining pertinent project documentation and ensure that it accurately details construction progress, activities and materials.
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates. Notifying contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
- Attending pre-bid, pre-construction and progress meetings throughout the course of the project.
- Interacting with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues.
- Experience with public works infrastructure in nature, specifically roadway, bridge, highway, and traffic signal related labor, water and wastewater,utilities, etc.Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with clients, contractors and others; Acting as a liaison when necessary to make sure all parties are informed of all progress
- Being responsible for making sure all paperwork is complete and accurate with State, Local and Federal Requirements
- Supervising the inspection of construction projects; establishing achievable goals and monitoring employee progress while maintaining personnel records.
- Assigning work areas to construction inspectors; Routinely monitoring inspector workloads to adjust inspector assignments as needed to ensure efficiency
- Meeting project deadlines which may mean working nights, weekends and over time
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Minimum of 5 years of transportation construction inspection experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, CDS NeXtGen, CDS-V3 and ECMS.
- Thorough understanding of PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possession of current required certifications acceptable to PennDOT to include:
- NICET Level III or IV in Transportation Engineering Technology/Highway Construction.
- NECEPT Bituminous Pavement Field Technician Certification
- PennDOT Concrete Field testing Technician Certification (NECEPT)
- ACI (desired, but not required)
- Nuclear Gauge Safety (desired, but not required)
- ECMS, CDS NeXtGen or CDS-V3 experience.