Project Manager I at Delta Dental of California
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Project Manager I
Mechanicsburg, PA, US
This is a Business Project Manager for business projects not for developing and implementing IT solutions.
This position is responsible and accountable for effective project management and implementation of small to medium and somewhat complex business systems and processes. Working in collaboration with the business sponsor, responsibilities include developing and executing full comprehensive project plans that embrace best practices, including but not limited to scope and risk management, change management, quality management, effective communication plans, requirements management, and securing all necessary resources needed to achieve the project objectives.
* Plans, documents and executes all phases of the project lifecycle, including scope management, cost management, resource management, requirements management, work breakdown schedule and timeline management, priority and dependency management, project integration planning, vendor management, and the assignment of roles and responsibilities.
* Develops detailed work breakdown schedules, project estimates, and resource plans that support scope and risk management. Conducts and facilitates effective project meetings, including issue tracking, status reports, and executive communications. Implements change, quality and performance management processes to control scope and monitor project progress. Ensures problems are effectively escalated and crisis management activated, as needed.
* Acts as an advocate for the business, by providing first class service through development of the project management discipline; lends subject matter expertise and knowledge management to the project team and stakeholders; and ensures customer satisfaction through quality and timely product delivery.
* Implements a quality management process and ensures user training is planned and effectively executed.
* Champions change, process, and best practices to both the business and technical team members, providing training, leadership and coaching for the project management discipline; may lead the project team for large development efforts; lends both functional and technical system-specific knowledge throughout the project lifecycle.
* Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor s degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
* A minimum of 6 years related experience.
* A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
* Detail orientation and problem-solving capabilities.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business processes and recommend effective solutions.
* Strong organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* Strong knowledge of project development life cycles, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
* Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting guidelines.
* Ability to coordinate issues identification and resolution between clients and the development team.
* Experience with estimating, scheduling, and tracking projects from beginning to completion.
* Experience with at least one project development methodology.
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now"
Amount of Travel
Work At Home