INTERN II at Yale New Haven Health
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Medical Staff Services, assists the Executive Director and management team in the development, management and implementation of initiatives to improve efficiency and standardize processes within the Department across all sites. Works collaboratively with staff at all sites to discuss the targeted initiative, identify agreed upon approach and develop plan for implementation. Utilizes skills in data analysis, process and outcome evaluation, team facilitation, project management and independent research to provide assistance and consultation to a variety of projects.
* 1. Works with management to identify potential areas for improved efficiency/standardization across the YNHHS affiliated hospitals.
* 2. Interviews staff and reviews documents and materials to educate self to better understand the background and analyze current state.
* 3. Conducts research with other academic medical centers / health systems as applicable for reference / use in pursuing the issue.
* 4. Develops a plan and approach.
* 5. Works with staff across all hospitals to discuss options, facilitate interchange among stakeholders. Weighs options, issues and develops proposal and implementation plan within guidelines established by Executive Director and management.
* 6. Implements plan including education of staff and coordination with management regarding any technical or system support required.
Bachelor's Degree; preferably enrolled in a graduate program for master's degree
Some work experience is preferred particularly in a medical, hospital or other health care setting including familiarity with physician specialty types.