Regional Hospital Development Coordinator at LifeNet Health
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Virginia Beach, VirginiaJob Description:
Category: Transplant & Tissue Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.Regional Hospital Development Coordinator
The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Regional Hospital Development Coordinator to join the LifeNet Health team in our Richmond location. Hours for this position are 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (some evenings and weekends required).
As a Regional Hospital Development Coordinator, you would develop and maintain strong partnerships and working relationships with key hospital clients and Transplant Coordinators (TC), determine client needs as related to the donor process, and develop, implement, and maintain strategies and action plans to maximize donation in each region. The Regional Hospital Development Coordinator participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for the overall success of the team in achieving departmental goals. The Regional Hospital Development Coordinator will perform their job in a manner that exemplifies the mission, attributes and values of LifeNet Health on a continuous basis.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Collaborates with other Regional Hospital Development Coordinators in specified region to educate hospital personnel throughout key hospital units, leadership and physician/surgeon groups and conducts rounds at hospitals on a regular basis during the day, evenings, nights and weekends to increase organ and tissue donation.
- Assists hospitals in process improvement through continuous development and refinement of policies and procedures that maximize organ and tissue donation -where applicable, and in conjunction with industry standards and federal/state laws.
- In assigned hospitals determine donor potential and evaluate efficiencies of hospital donation systems and reports results in an accurate and timely manner.
- In assigned hospitals completes hospital reports and other internal LifeNet Health forms in an accurate and timely manner. Documents all hospital activity in the applicable LifeNet Health electronic data system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in all LifeNet Health internal conference calls and other applicable meetings. Evaluates effectiveness of Hospital Development initiatives and makes recommendations for future projects that will enhance donation processes throughout the Donation Service Area.
- Involved in training of Medical Record review coordinator and oversight of new/ongoing Hospital Development staff training (as assigned).
- Complies with LifeNet Health Quality Systems and Corporate Compliance Programs.
- Adheres to LifeNet Health's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or related field
- Valid state driver's license
- 3 years of related work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Logical analysis skills
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Master's Degree in business, healthcare, or related field
- OPO, transplant center, or healthcare sales experience
- Expert in Excel
Requires following somewhat general defined procedures. Problems encountered maybe common and at times somewhat complex. Some independent think is required.
Decisions are made frequently regarding the initiatives of each hospital following consistent monitoring of referral and donation metrics. In coordination with Director, makes decisions regarding the education that needs to take place in each hospital. Recommendations are made frequently as strategy and initiatives of each hospital changes, consisting of specific educational efforts and follow-up.
Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step; often has to look beyond the obvious solution to a problem and dig deeper for the best solution.
Interpersonal communication: Requires communicating well with people at different levels; frequently sharing information with others while listening to and understanding their points of view
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.