Calibration Technician I at Core Laboratories
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
TANK CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
SAYBOLT BATON ROUGE, LA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Individual needed with good record keeping ability and a head for numbers to assist lead calibrator in field measurements of bulk liquid storage tanks and barges. Some overnight travel involved, frequent climbing of tanks or other structures and frequent entry of confined spaces. Construction background would be helpful along with experience in the use of surveying equipment such as electro optical distance ranging device, rotating laser and steel measuring tapes. Individual will be responsible for gathering and recording field data to support generation of volumetric capacity tables for the petrochemical industry. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word and Email applications preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICAITONS
* To calibrate (strap) upright cylindrical tanks, horizontal, spheres, trucks, barges, ships, by various methods in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) Standards.
* Perform checks to determine accuracy of measuring equipment.
* Inspects equipment visually for obvious defects.
* Record all measurements on appropriate field reports.
* Coordinate with customers in scheduling appointments.
* Perform land and pipeline surveying experience beneficial
* Exercise safety requirements specified in Saybolt's Global Safety Manual.
* Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical, and gas inspection, including Right-to-Know training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school education or equivalent with mathematics emphasis. The use of measuring equipment a plus (i.e. engineers level, theodolite, strapping tapes, tape measure, etc.). Organizational skills: file management, clerical, records keeping. Requires good communication skills and ability to work well with others in a TEAM environment. Ability to work overtime when necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Interacting and communicating with job site personnel, clients and vessel personnel in a proper professional and business-like manner at all times.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Calibrators must have a vehicle in good, safe operating condition. Valid driver s license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.