Scheduler-Oncology Medical Procedures at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req ID: 17847
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This is a position requiring professional skills and sound judgment. This position is a point of contact for multiple providers to request both complex and non-complex scheduling for oncology patients and day medicine. This position receives a high volume of inquiries from a variety of sources including nurses, physicians, social workers, and most importantly patients and families. The scheduler must maintain the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure while maintaining confidentiality and a professional demeanor which consistently provides positive customer service. The position requires cross-check to insure all scheduling and registration activity are correct. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise by utilizing available resources.
Scheduling Duties(60%): Responsible for scheduling oncology & day medicine patients
* Schedule patients within one day of request, when possible.
* Explains and educates family about the scheduling process
* Maintain consistent and productive communication with all departments
* Checks-out patients and creates/coordinates f/u appointments with other departments
* Requests interpreters
* Calls patients/families on the reschedule list
* Reschedules patients when a providers schedule changes
* Pre-Visit Registration
Medical Record Duties(40%): Responsible for scanning clinical records into the EMR for both hematology/ oncology & rehabilitation departments
* Receives courier deliveries of patient protected health information from Specialty Care sites within the Rehabilitation Department. Promptly returns empty courier bags to sender.
* Scans records into the electronic medical record (EPIC) within one week of receipt.
* Responsible for proper storage and disposal of medical records with strict adherence to HIM department and HIPPA guidelines.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
Phone Duties: Responsible for answering scheduling calls. Must have the ability to handle large volume of calls.
* Answers all incoming calls by the third ring 90% of the time if available
* Checks voice mail messages every hour and returns calls within one business day
* In a short period of time assess the callers concerns and assist or direct to appropriate resource
* Provide any and all other duties necessary to provide efficient, timely services to patients and their families as it relates to the registration and insurance process.
Quality Assurance: Responsible for monitoring and measuring the accuracy and integrity of data entered into the scheduling/registration system
* Revisits the scheduling process to ensure proper visit types, comments, and reason for visit fields are accurate.
* Revisits registration process when needed to ensure insurance fields are populated with accurate insurance information.
* Ensure specific registration fields are accurately inputted into registration system, including but not limited to visit notes, referral, authorizations numbers, eligibility review, proper FSC entries for research and standard of care visits.
* Create and/or update patients record by verifying demographic and insurance information
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Graduate and/or equivalent GED
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Associate Degree Or Post High School Course Preferred
Three To Five Years Of Related Health Care Registration Preferred
* Knowledge of EPIC scheduling preferred
* Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
* Ability to communicate effectively to various customers and colleagues supporting clinical practice
* Strong customer service as well as conflict resolution skills
* Ability to triage phone calls effectively and accurately
* Ability to uphold hospital standards in quality, excellence, integrity, respect, commitment and service
* Ability to track productivity and report referral trends and potential scheduling barriers to supervisor.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum High School Education.
* IDX capability required.
* Typing, competent with computers.
* Must have excellent Customer Service skills, phone etiquette, and communication skills.
* Must have multi-tasking capability.
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
* Ability to handle confidential materials and information.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.