Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanic at Dairy Farmers of America
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Frederick, Maryland
* Responds to maintenance requests from drivers, safety coordinator, DOT coordinator, shop foreperson, transportation supervisor, and fleet manager.
* Maintains, repairs or replaces brakes; steering mechanisms; springs; air bags; lights; air conditioners; water, fuel, oil, and air filters; coolant and chemicals; transmissions; tire air pressure; tire tread; chassis; brakes; drive lines; u-joints; air tanks; batteries; air lines; power cords; wipers; windshields; mirrors; engines; drive train components or other equipment as necessary.
* Conducts periodic inspections, diagnoses problems, and takes action to bring equipment to optimal operating condition and eliminating unsafe operating conditions.
* Verifies equipment is in compliance with DOT specifications.
* Performs annual vehicle inspection in compliance with state regulations.
* Conducts annual yearly admissions tests in compliance with state regulations.
* Responds to accidents or inoperable vehicles utilizing tow truck to transport equipment back to garage for repair.
* Operates arc and mig weld equipment.
* Operates torching and cutting equipment; such as torches and grinders.
* Must be a capable welder and fabricator (steel and aluminum).
Preferably have experience in refrigeration