Wire Cutter 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM at Granite City Electric Supply Co.
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicopee, Massachusetts
Wire Cutter 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM
Granite City Electric Supply Company is the area\'s premier electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are proud to be the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
To form and assemble electrical wire leads and cut wire leads to specified lengths. The position is physically demanding and assigned tasks have strict deadlines to support customers. The normal hours will be 6:00 PM until approximately 2:30 AM (flexibility preferred). Previous experience and product knowledge a plus.
* Ability to lift 70 lbs and up to 125 lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis
* Determines type/sequence of wire assembly based on work order and color code wire to use.
* Feed wire through meters on coiling machinery or reel machinery to cut it to specified lengths.
* Moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift, pallet jack, handcart or other device
* Accurately counts, checks, prepare, and locate items being received or shipped
* Helps in the maintenance of inventory and the upkeep of the department
* Maintaining wire shorts and copper/aluminum scraps
* Complete paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested.
* Acts in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
* Participates in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
* Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system.
* Maintaining GCE Lots/Reels program through Eclipse
* Assists in monthly Rapid Reel inventory and the proper storage of the reels
* Assists in wire machine preventative maintenance
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
* Previous electrical wire/cable cutting experience a plus.
* Basic knowledge of computers and ofrfice suite, especially Excel, with the ability to learn.
* Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
* Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
* A strong focus on keeping GCE risk-free from copper/wire theft
* Ability to lift up to 125 lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis
* Good mechanical aptitude, good math, communication and reading skills.
* Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
* Ability to work independently to meet assigned project deadlines.
* Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
* Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
* Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
* Team player, Multi-tasker.
* Works with a sense of urgency.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.