Release Train Engineer II at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Burlington, Vermont
COX AUTOMOTIVE, is seeking a RELEASE TRAIN ENGINEER, to join the Engineering team, in BURLINGTON, VT.
WHO WE ARE + WHAT WE DO:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
The Release Train Engineer s (RTE) primary purpose is to support Agile Release Trains (ART) by steering them to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The RTE s focus is to deliver value by managing program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement.
Release Train Feature Roadmap and Planning
* Facilitates the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train. This includes:
* Working with the Product Architect and Product UX Architect to assist the Product Manager who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle.
* Assisting the Product Architect, Product UX Architect, and Product Manager in the refining of features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
* Assists the ART (Agile Release Train) in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
* Ensures effective communication and coordination for and during quarterly planning
* Manages change to the ART s quarterly plan and the impacts of those changes
Release Train Transparency
* Assists the ART to remain transparent to itself, the teams on the train, and to the organization through:
* Backlog Management and ALM tool data integrity for accurate reporting. May include the collection of metrics, KPIs, investment mix reporting, and other reporting as needed by the release train or organization.
* Facilitation and continuous improvement of periodic ART Reviews with organizational leaders and stakeholders to provide clarity on the expected value delivery and to gain stakeholder feedback on changes to direction the release train may need to take.
* May include participation in and assisting in the improvement of the System Demo
* Drives the ART in the coordination of major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development and release by hosting RTC (Release Train Coordination) meetings as needed.
* Drives the ART and the Product Readiness Managers in the coordination of program level initiatives that cross multiple release trains.
* Drives the ART in resolving or reporting escalated issues involving risk, or dependency management that may be hindering the team s ability to deliver features. Scrum masters and teams facilitate the resolution of impediments, dependencies and risks within their span of influence.
* Drives the ART to continuously improve through the facilitation of Art Retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, release train reviews, sprint reviews, or release train coordination and higher-level function.
* Active membership in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
Other Operational Functions
* The RTE may be called upon to lead projects that impact the ART but may not require work being added to team backlogs.
* Assisting in the execution of product vision
* Coordination of production support, and continuous improvement of operational workflows and communication, etc.
* 3-5 years experience as Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
* Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can:
* Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
* Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
* Persuade by influence rather than authority
* Understand and empathize with others
* Think beyond day-to-day activities
* Support teams commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
* Open and appreciates openness in others
* Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
What We Look For:
* Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
* Experience applying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations
* Experience with Lean Portfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive-level
* Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model is preferred
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.