Mail Processing Associate 3 at Hancock Bank
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Job Summary / Function: A mail processing associate helps sort and deliver mail and packages for the company. Associate is responsible for receiving, packaging, and shipping items, either through interoffice mail, the United States Postal Service (USPS) or private companies, such as UPS, Courier Service, and FedEx (Ground or Express).
Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs mail services functions such as sorting and distributing of mail, certified mail, overnight mail, tracking overnight mail, and courier deliveries and pickups.
* Processes all notices and certified mail
* Coordinates shipment of boxes and materials
* Researches mail that is incorrectly labeled
* Coordinates with all company-wide mailroom locations and researches missing items in transit to determine final destination and any changes needed in the process flow
* Notifies management of any missing work
* Assures all routing and packages are prepared for courier pickup at various times throughout the day
* Has outgoing mail prepared for out-sourced service company at the appointed time along with the properly completed paperwork
* Assists departments with large customer mail-outs
* Assist internal customers in completing paperwork for overnight and second day business deliveries
* Supplies branches/departments with recycled inter office routers
* Keeps record of registered and certified mail
* Recommends updates for the Banks internal telephone directory (FONE) to Associates and the Information Technology Service Delivery (ITSD) Group
* Processes all customer hold statements (checking and savings) sent by out-sourced service company and inserts applicable Marketing material before preparing for pick up as outgoing mail
* Handles all incoming calls for mail service
* Operates and follows up on processing of proof work through branch capture device
* Perform general maintenance on branch capture device with phone supported guidance
* Performs all Bank by Mail duties to include but not limited to:
* Researches customer information and processes transactions using Encore Teller System or RM system (Session A) [System training provided]
* Transactions include but are not limited to DDA/Savings deposits, credit card payments and loan payments
* Communicates with other departments for assistance in researching deposits/payments to ensure proper posting of customer transactions
* Ensures all transactions are processed timely and within department guidelines.
* Maintains daily records of transactions processed as stated within department policy.
* Binds work processed, completes header card, and stores the run work in approved storage area.
* Binds empty envelopes, notates date on front envelope, and stores in approved storage area.
* Researches rejected/returned image requests and processes corrections needed to clear the exception.
* All other duties/special projects as assigned.
Minimum required Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
* High school diploma or GED
* 6 months related experience or training
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable if more than an HS Diploma
* No certification, licensure or registrations are required to successfully apply for this job
* A current, valid driver's license without restrictions (i.e. DUI, suspensions, other moving violations), the ability to operate and drive Bank owned vehicles and a good driving record
* MUST have the ability to be bonded
Hours are varied depending on volume of work and weather conditions. Work is scheduled as needed on weekends and holidays and some overtime may be required
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Mathematical Skills Needed:
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
* Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with all levels of internal and external customers.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to formulate sound conclusions and recommend optimal course of action based on analysis
* Able to perform job functions accurately with minimal supervision.
Essential Mental and Physical requirements:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to work with direct supervision as well as with little to no direct supervision
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 60 pounds repeatedly within a business day and 100 pounds occasionally as the business needs require to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Hancock Bank - Corporate Operations - Corporate Services
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.