Social Services - Licensed Mastered Social Worker LMSW PRN - WEEKENDS ONLY at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Job Code: 02560-11490
TULANE MEDICAL CENTER IS LOOKING FOR A SOCIAL WORKER LMSW. Graduate Social Worker Certification or Provisional GSW may be accepted.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
* Interviews patients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical problems and planning. Assists patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Serves as liaison between medical and nursing staffs, patients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies. Interprets and assists in resolving social problems that relate to medical condition and/or hospitalization. Performs all other duties as assigned.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Graduate Social Worker certification or Provisional GSW certification with completion of GSW certification within one year of hire.
* EDUCATION: MSW required.
* EXPERIENCE: Previous social work experience in a behavioral or health care setting preferred.
* SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent skills in written and oral communication and guest relations; knowledge in human growth and development and emotional needs of children, adolescents and adults as well as the special needs of chemical dependent and/or abused clients; basic organizational, problem solving and leadership skills; skills in documentation and record-keeping; basic marketing strategies; skills in providing supportive counseling, skills in maintaining information as confidential; knowledge or standards of ethical and quality care.
* HOURS OF WORK:
Last Edited: 03/05/2018