New Graduate Nurse (RN) OR (Surgery) Nurse Residency Program - Tulane Lakeside Hospital at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Job Code: 60479652
GRADUATE NURSE: CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO FIRST https://vimeo.com/185879385
DO YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN PURSUING YOUR NURSING CAREER IN THE OR* COME JUMP START YOUR NURSING CAREER AT TULANE. WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR STARN PROGRAM IN THE OR STARTING JUNE 25TH, 2018.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!!!
WHY CHOOSE A RESIDENCY PROGRAM*
Transitioning from student to professional nurse can be challenging. That s why we are committed to the development and training of the caregivers of the future. New grads like YOU.
How you begin your nursing career is no small decision. Our Nurse Residency program will give you hands-on clinical experience and help you develop critical thinking skills. As you learn you ll be surrounded by a supportive community of experienced nurses and fellow nurse residents who will help you to be successful and grow your career.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A NURSE RESIDENT
* 23 Weeks of Intensive Training and education
* Over 60 ours of hands on skills lab training
* AORN Perioperative 101: A Core Curriculum
* BLS/ACLS Certification
* Meditech Training and Validation
* Basic Dysrhythmia
* 41.7 CEU Hours
* AORN Student Membership
* Clinical instruction by subject matter experts
* State-of-the-art simulation training
* Scenarios developed and managed by clinical experts
* Interaction between facility leaders
* Continual support from a mentor and preceptor
* Monthly educational seminars
* Evidence-based capstone project
CLINICAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
* STARN - SPECIALTY TRAINING APPRENTICESHIP FOR REGISTERED NURSES FOR THE OR is 23 weeks with three parts
PARTS 1 & 2: 11 weeks classroom, self study, OR skills days, &
facility clinical days with looping assignments
PART 3: 12 weeks clinical preceptorship
This program is designed to develop your clinical skills working alongside a qualified preceptor during patient care and through, hands-on simulation training and classroom education.
The StaRN curriculum is based on the American Association of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) core curriculum. The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
* PHASE 2: Professional development - Partner with a mentor, attend monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project for the remainder of the year
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN AS A NURSE RESIDENT
* Advanced clinical training in a specialty area
* A full-time position with BLS, ACLS, National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and Crisis Prevention Institute Certifications
* Support from a community of caring, experienced nurses
* Opportunity to advance your career in one of the largest healthcare systems in the country by joining one of our HCA facilities.
Please check out this video from RN's that went through the StaRN Program:
TULANE LAKESIDE HOSPITAL FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
* 4700 South I-10 Service Road West
Metairie, LA 70001 * For Profit
* Established: 1964
* Tulane-Lakeside: 121 licensed beds and an additional 26 NICU beds
* Number of physicians: 1,300
* Number of FTE RNs/LPN: 219
* Number of full time employees: 450
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Minimum qualifications for the position)
* Graduated or graduating from an accredited school of nursing
* Obtain ATT letter to sit for licensure exam (We know that new grads do not gt this until graduation)
* Or state-approved temporary/Permanent license
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON AVAILABLE SHIFTS, SALARY, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, SIGN ON BONUS, SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS ETC., PLEASE CONTACT GRADUATE NURSE RECRUITER
FAY BAPTIST-SIMS AT 504-220-5247 OR EMAIL FAY.BAPTISTSIMS@HCAHEALTHCARE.COM
Last Edited: 03/05/2018