Regional Account Manager, Neurology - Arkansas at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: New Haven, ConnecticutJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 12447
Job Category: Sales
Location: New Haven, CT
Posting Date: March 6, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Preferred location: Arkansas
The Regional Account Manager, Neurology, Arkansas manages and develops long-term relationships with assigned physicians, extended prescribers, and other customers in the assigned territory. The Regional Account Manager will represent the assigned Alexion brands and their approved indications; provide disease and product education to external customers such as physicians, nurses, etc. in order to help patients.
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory operating with the highest level of organizational ethics and compliant business practices
- Creates, maintains, and executes strategic account-specific business plans reflecting the brand plan and an in-depth understanding of local market forces
- Develops and maintains in-depth disease and therapeutic clinical, and scientific knowledge
- Demonstrates high competence in educating on the disease's diagnostic approach leading to a effective patient diagnoses
- Proven ability to navigate complex hospital setting (academic and community) to access targeted HCP and other key stakeholders.
- Appropriately utilizes all marketing tools and resources including power point presentations to further the selling process across all customer stakeholders
- Leads the implementation for our patient-centric partnership model which will include physicians, their staff, patients, clinics, and hospitals
- Work collaboratively with and become integral member of STAR team and quickly respond to key access issues with internal Alexion stakeholders.
- Executes local disease education and promotional programs for therapeutics area
- Provides a high level of product expertise and customer service to all targeted accounts and appropriate stakeholders
- Tracks activities and submits reports on sales activities accurately & on-time
- Effective time management and prioritization skill. A self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven documented track record of delivering consistent "Top-tier" sales results
- Minimum 5 years' sales in Biotech or Specialty pharmaceutical sales
- Neurology experience strongly preferred, especially:
- Building relationships with physicians referring, diagnosing and/or treating neuromuscular disorders
- Building relationships with healthcare professionals working in locations that administer 1) Infused therapies and/or 2) Apheresis for immunological disorders
- Building Account relationships in tertiary medical centers and teaching hospitals with specialty departments who treat the most severe patients referred on by community clinicians or other hospitals
- Neurology experience strongly preferred, especially:
- New product launch experience (in previous 3-5 years)
- Demonstrated success educating physicians about:
- Complex diseases diagnosed mainly through observations/exclusion rather than simple diagnostic tests
- Diverse patient disease profiles which do not lend themselves to simple segmentation and categorization for treatment decisions
- Ability to build and/or strengthen lasting relationships with providers in physician practices and hospitals where access may be challenging
- Manage territory budget and adhere to Alexion code of ethics and compliance
- 50% overnight travel.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Masters in Life Sciences or MBA a plus.
Field, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology, Alexion developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). In addition, Alexion has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). Our research efforts focus on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade, and our development efforts focus on our core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexion.com.
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)