Associate Director, Regional Market Access & Diagnostics - Ohio Valley (OH/MI) at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: New Haven, ConnecticutJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 12407
Job Category: Commercial Operations
Location: New Haven, CT
Posting Date: March 6, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
The Associate Director, Regional Market Access & Diagnostics will be responsible for appropriate Market Access with commercial payers, public payers, regional Specialty Pharmacies, and hospital accounts supporting U.S. Commercial Operations for Alexion portfolio of products. In addition, the role will have responsibility for targeted diagnostic laboratory accounts within the Region. The role reports to the Senior Director, U.S. Market Access and Diagnostics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops strategies to ensure appropriate access for Alexion portfolio of products and indications with regional commercial Specialty Pharmacy, Hospitals, public payers, diagnostic lab accounts
- Develops, implements and influences collaborative plans for specific payers and support efforts related to the development or implementation of any coverage policies for Alexion products
- Coordinates efforts with sales and marketing, medical, and other internal/external stakeholders to support patient access with 3rd party payers
- Engages medical affairs to develop strategies to support access to Alexion products for appropriate patients
- Implements U.S. and Global diagnostic strategies in full collaboration with diagnostic teams
- Implements diagnostic initiatives within targeted hospitals designed to impact turnaround time and accuracy of laboratory testing
- Coordinates with marketing to integrate branding in collateral materials designed to facilitate appropriate access for hospital, diagnostic and associated outpatient site of care
- Represents Alexion at local market meetings, key conferences, and association meetings
- Supports U.S. commercial goals and objectives
- Works with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with the company's code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- 10 plus years' experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Successful track record in market access account management and/or sales and sales leadership
- Proven experience with gaining access in challenging situations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Clinical, technical and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease state
- Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, resources and workload
- Proven ability to manage large geographical territory
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Travel requirements: Willing to travel at least 60% of the time including significant overnight and weekend travel
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA)
- Biotech experience
- Established payer relationships with targeted payers in assigned regions
- Reimbursement/Payer Account experience in specialty products with Medicare Part A, Part B, and Medicaid; orphan drug experience preferred
- Previous experience in payer/corporate accounts
Field, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology, Alexion developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). In addition, Alexion has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). Our research efforts focus on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade, and our development efforts focus on our core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexion.com.
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)