Phlebotomist PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Sanford, Florida
Job Code: 00327-7407
* PRN-Days ,Eves & Weekends mostly. Possible night if needed.
CENTRAL FLORIDA REGIONAL HOSPITAL enhances patient care by attracting the most qualified healthcare professionals in the region. Our award-winning acute care facility is home to the only open heart program in the county. We offer a commitment to advanced technologies and an opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of professionals.
Our recognized Centers of Excellence include:
Chest Pain Center with PCI * Heart & Vascular Institute * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Diabetes Education Program (ADA)
Located along picturesque Lake Monroe in Sanford, Florida, our team is devoted to caring.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, supervisor or technologist, the Laboratory Assistant supplies a variety of support to the licensed technical staff. This includes blood collection, specimen processing, data entry of orders and patient information, distribution of reports, filing of records and customer relations.
* Verifies patient identity verbally and by checking name and unique identifier on patient s arm band before performing any specimen collection procedure.
* Properly collects and processes specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
* Answers phone with a pleasant demeanor and assists customers in any way possible.
* Assists with training of new hires and phlebotomy students.
* Assists with clerical duties as needed.
* Ensures continuity of care across shifts.
* Fosters teamwork through participation in department activities and committees.
* Actively seeks to improve knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High School or GED
* Applicable experience may substitute for education
* Phlebotomy Certification preferred
* National Phlebotomy Certification PREFERRED
* BLS REQUIRED
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
2-3 YEARS OF PHLEBOTOMY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English possessing the basic skills necessary to meet the needs of the position
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to multitask
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work with hazardous material and utilize personal protective equipment
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Interpersonal skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 03/05/2018