Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Midland, Texas
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Specialist in Midland, Texas.
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for the installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation facility equipment in order to improve oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate PLC/ICONICS activities at a local level. Directly manage developer contractors, vendors and support services.
* Represent the Automation team in facility maintenance-related correspondence externally
* Understand the facilities process, equipment and design that best support the Asset team.
* Maintain maintenance schedule, implementation, and compliance to design.
* Accountable for Construction and/or Maintenance cost tracking and reporting
* Provide accurate quotes for construction and/or maintenance automation projects.
* Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete for all automation projects and stored in a central location.
* Assist in implementation of design for facilities within guide lines of automation standards and Oxy EPL.
* Communicate all construction/maintenance activities with Asset Teams.
* Mentor and Train Automation Well Specialist and Automation Systems Integrator on facility process flow and PLC, HMI, and end device troubleshooting.
* Respond and provide automation support during all outages.
* Work off of assigned schedule and maintain no out of compliance work orders.
* Preform Facility communication and PLC troubleshooting support.
* Provide analytical support on facility problems.
* Provide input on new technologies.
* Ensure facilities are maintained in an orderly manner to included proper management of PLC programs, PLC panel wiring and cleanliness of automation equipment.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related degree
* Expert knowledge of oil and gas automation systems
* Competent knowledge of oil and gas process facilities
* 10 years of Automation systems experience
* 8 years of Oil Field experience
* 8 years of Oil Field Automation experience
Skills & Competencies:
* Expert level understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
* Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
* Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
* Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
* Extensice expertise on PLC programming and/or ICONICS (HMI) softwareExtensive knowledge of material specifications and application
* Understanding of regulatory guidelines
* Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Ability to work with a team and communicate with other functions.
* Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, Oxy proprietary software, etc).
* Be knowledgeable with tagging conventions, programing simulation and testing
* Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
* Strong written, oral and project management skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status