PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER II at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Pressure Sensors is looking for a candidate that enjoys a fact paced environment that includes cultural change. As a project leader you will help execute and drive New Product Development using a global team. During status reports to management your attention to detail facilitates the phase gate development process in timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Construct a project plan:
* Work with Product Manager, Sales team, Development Engineer, and the Customer to define the project.
* Create a timeline containing the critical tasks and milestones for the project and assign ownership.
* Communicate the financial and resource commitments associated with the project contract to the project team members.
Lead the project execution:
* Manage, Lead and unite global Engineering teams comprised of Development Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Business representatives simultaneously toward a common objective
* Ensure the project is \\"staffed for success\\" and escalate with management to negotiate any constraints
* Owns the project schedule and team effort to create the P&L.
* Lead weekly team meetings with team members to review the status of project tasks and discuss changes and escalations.
* Acts as a facilitator and provides training and mentorship to other professional employees.
* Identify potential risk factors that can affect projects schedule and investments and provide potential mitigation plans to resolve prior to becoming issues with real impacts
* Ensure hand over to manufacture is robust and repeatable
* Obtain capital expenditure approvals.
* Document meeting minutes and action logs associated with internal and external meetings.
* Clear and concise communication with internal customers and management to present awareness.
* Ensure the team is following proper TEOA and LEANPD processes and understand the project(s) objectives to maintain focus.
* Create and maintain project documentation including timelines, action item listings and status reports.
* Resolve problems as needed to address customer needs.
* Bachelor's Degree Engineering or equivalent is required.
* Minimum of 4 years of Project Management or related experience.
* Proficiency with MS Project, PowerPoint and Skype.
* PMP certification preferred.
* Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
* Proficient communication and presentation skills.
* Understanding of business case financials.
* Proficient in conflict resolution.
* Leader that drives cultural change.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.