Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
ASSISTANT TEACHER, SPECIAL ED - RANDOLPH
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is looking for a Teacher Assistant to work in a classroom setting providing services to children and adolescents with special needs.
We serve students with autism in our award winning schools located in Massachusetts and in California. Our schools use the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) to help students develop skills in social interaction, communication, academics, self-control, and daily living activities.
With a Bachelor s degree in Psychology, Education, or a related field, you are qualified to work directly with our students. You will receive extensive training in using ABA to work with our students and will learn to implement a student s social, behavioral, and academic programs. Assistant teachers have the opportunity to participate in research studies and will work closely with behavior analysts and licensed teachers.
This position is a great stepping stone towards pursuing an advanced degree in behavior analysis, psychology, or special education and May Institute will work with you to help you achieve your goals. We provide tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to employees pursuing degrees. In addition, May Institute has relationships with local universities where you can earn a Master s Degree in Behavior Analysis and Special Education while working with us.
* Provide direct instruction and support to students in the areas of academics, self-care (ADLs), and vocational tasks
* Teach skill development and community integration
* Assist individuals in meeting their personal care and nutritional needs
* Assist in behavioral interventions
* Participate in the development of IEP/ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
* Dispense medications where applicable
* Bachelor s degree in a related field preferred
* Previous special education or human services experience strongly preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis a plus