Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: North Hollywood, California
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Control Systems is a leading supplier of fire protection and control, pneumatic, fluid control, thermal management and electro-mechanical equipment and sub-systems.
The Commodity Manager will develop and execute Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Sourcing and Procurement Strategy for direct and or indirect spend categories establishing and delivering supply chain strategies to meet the businesses current and future needs. As well as lead in building a Lean culture by seeking, encouraging and acting on continuous improvement and developmental opportunities for self and others in a people-centric way.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Identify and develop supplier capabilities matched to the SBU needs across UK/EU, Asia and US
* Work extensively with senior stake holders - SBU VP Operations, BU's General Managers, Supply Chain Directors, Suppliers and Meggitt Group Procurement to a senior level
* Drive year on year sourcing savings initiatives
* Risk mitigation through supplier consolidations initiatives
* Support BU's in executing supply chain strategy to meet SBU and Group Procurement business needs
* The Commodity Manager will ensure that the BU's are aligned with Meggitt's Group Procurement and the SBU's commodity strategy Developing partnerships with key suppliers and fostering collaboration with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Planning) as well as developing strong partnerships with selected supplier-partners to support growth and continuous improvement.
* Establishing commodity strategy goals in alignment with supply chain and company goals, measuring and reporting progress through monthly KPI reporting.
* Maintaining and/or implementing responsible cost reduction and avoidance programs.
* Working with suppliers to develop quality and lead time improvement programs, as appropriate.
* Introduce solutions; deploy best practice to the businesses to raise supplier capability to meet future business requirements
* Lead negotiations for high value contracts
* Evaluating and responding proactively to evolving business and market conditions that have affect on critical commodities.
* Maintaining awareness of changes to market availability and pricing of base raw materials.
* Identifying, evaluating, and qualifying new suppliers as appropriate to develop a reliable, strategic supply base.
* Ensuring that sourcing decisions are made in alignment with cost, quality, lead time, and other business objectives.
* Working closely with Suppliers to ensure use of P-Card, attractive commercial terms as well as contractual agreements fitting our business goals.
* Establish quarterly business reviews with SBU preferred suppliers and participate in QBR's held by Group Procurement with Meggitt Preferred Suppliers
* Own relationships with key cross BU suppliers
* Ensure the company's Quality, Commercial l, CSR and Trade Compliance interests are protected in the supply chain
* Evaluating supplier performance and driving the implementation of corrective actions when necessary in parallel with internal key stakeholders.
* Creating an environment of continuous improvement and playing a leadership role in identifying and implementing improvements in collaboration with other departments.
* Collaborating with peers to share best practices and to align processes across multiple manufacturing sites.
* Participates in Global Procurement activities such as Kaizens and other like activities.
* The position will manage the full scope and execution of an assigned commodity.
* Perform other related duties as assigned and within your capability
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations Experience within aerospace industry at a senior level
* Experience in any of the following commodities, Machining, Casting, PCBA and indirect
* Solid knowledge of procurement best practices and experience in managing commodities Excellent leadership and project management skills to manage multi-disciplined teams, drive consensus, and coordinate implementation of complex projects, in a timely and effective manner
* Ability to develop, manage, and execute procurement strategies that drive financial and operational performance across multiple sub-functions of Procurement
* Must have strong negotiation and project management skills.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience; excellent interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ideal candidate must be able to work to a schedule and meet clearly defined deadline requirements.
* Occasional travel to Supplier sites may be required.
* JDEdwards, Oracle, SAP experience highly desired
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Minimal lifting required (occasional lifting of parts/assemblies to evaluate).
* Bachelor's degree ( or equivalent years of relevant experience); APICS, CPIM, CSCP certification, ISM certification a plus.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.