Sr. Sales Executive-National On-Site and Specialty Retail - Virtual, Midwest - IL, MO at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The position will manage multiple on premise chain customers in various channels: Travel, On-Site, Specialty Retail and Healthcare. A critical component of this role is selling all package forms to the portfolio or customers. This position will also be responsible for seeking out and converting new or competitive chain business. The Sales responsibilities include managing all aspects of customer’s businesses including strategic assessment of the business, sales forecasting, conducting regular business reviews, managing senior level relationships and effectively activating and implementing the beverage strategy.
This role can be located in Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, Midwest, St. Louis or Chicago.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Write Annual Business Plan (APB) for specific group of customers in order to forecast volume, revenue and expense.
- Sales and Collaborating for Value: Confirm your understanding of customers business needs, issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers in order to build and maintain strong relationships with key members of the customer's organization, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Meet with senior level buyers in order to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Meet with outlet level management and conduct regular restaurant audits to identify opportunities and ensure compliance.
- Confirm your understanding of customers business needs, issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Activate The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement business plan/solution that meets customer needs and drive beverage category profit and volume, contributing to overall sales growth for the customers' entire business.
- Vision and strategic thinking to anticipate future needs and recommend business building ideas that will drive the business.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members (e.g. marketing, finance, operations).
- Interact with CAT, team ARTM and CMAPT process to develop programs to grow categories within customer base.
- Gather and analyze customer specific data (e.g., annual reports, 10K, store sales, store layout, check average, service history and traffic) in order to understand current economics and state of overall business.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience:
At least 3 years of successful sales account management
Build Bus Plan/Solution/Contingency Plans
Monitor Customers Contractual Agreements
Consult w/ and Influence Senior Management
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.