Water/Wastewater Project Engineer at Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Arcadis is currently searching for a Project Engineer - Water / Wastewater with 5 to 10 years experience, to join our Water Business Line team in our Virginia Beach, VA office. Our team helps clients achieve business objectives by creating and implementing innovative and effective solutions using state-of-the-art practices and technologies. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual with the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts, to join our local team and lead water/wastewater and stormwater projects with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The successful applicant will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge with water distribution system, wastewater collection system and pump/lift station design, along with their previous project management experience, to successfully execute projects and significantly contribute to project pursuits within the municipal markets in the Hampton Roads area and throughout Virginia.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Leading water, wastewater and stormwater projects as a client-facing project manager, leveraging the candidate s experience in water distribution system, wastewater/stormwater collection system, pump/lift station, and water/wastewater treatment facility engineering including investigations, studies, analysis, designs, and construction administration services.
* Managing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
* Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
* Participating in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations, as well as developing scopes of work and budgets for various water, wastewater and stormwater projects.
* Supervising and supporting the work of others while mentoring junior level technical staff.
* Participating in professional associations, activities and conferences.
* 5 years of relevant water, wastewater or stormwater experience in a comparable Engineering Consulting firm.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
* PE in VA
* Project management experience including at least 2 years of demonstrated experience managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water and wastewater projects with construction values ranging from under $1M to $10M and higher.
* Strong team leadership experience including managing overall project delivery expectations, prioritizing tasks, and mentoring.
* Experience with preparation of construction documents.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.