Senior Design Engineer - Surge (ASCO) at Schneider Electric
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Clearwater, Florida
For over 120 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, services and solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer in Clearwater FL.
The Senior Design Engineer designs new, or enhances existing, Surge Protective Devices (SPDs) to meet customer needs in a publicly owned company environment. This includes products for low voltage communication (1V 60V), low voltage AC or DC power including photovoltaic (120V 1500V), as well as medium voltage (1500V 4160V) applications and additional products may be considered within the companys portfolio including products related to power quality, power monitoring, lightning protection, energy reduction, etc.
* Actively participate in all aspects of product life cycle including: initial conceptualization, commercial feasibility, drawings, material & component evaluation, prototype construction, testing, validation & debugging, Bill of Material (BOM) creation, Manufacturing Instruction (MI) creation, regulatory certification, hand-off to manufacturing, manufacturability enhancements, continuous product improvements, occasional technical assistance of manufacturing & floor support issues, etc. (ASCO utilizes a Product Development Process (PDP) and JD Edwards Enterprise system.)
* Perform UL and ISO quality assurance audits as they relate to methodologies and techniques in UL Client Test Data Programs.
* Participate in the PDP (Product Development Process) with the management team by providing reports at the bi-weekly meetings and completing the records for each product development stage
* Create bills of material for new product development and evaluation
* Participate in forensic analysis & root cause determination
* Review and propose changes as a voting member on various UL Standard Technical Panels (STPs) in the interest of engineering safety and to obtain early notification of standard changes which may affect product design
* Write technical descriptions and specifications for UL files
* Maintain currency with advances in surge protection technology
* Ability to manage projects and coordinate activities with testing laboratories
* Ensure that the Engineering Lab has adequate resources and the trained personnel comply with the requirements of UL 17025
* Assist engineering personnel with difficult troubleshooting problems at component and circuit level, both electrical and electronic
* Provide technical communications with UL project engineers and provide spreadsheets, schematics and drawings
* Coordinates with other departments regarding resources, training, testing and information necessary to introduce new products and improve existing products
* Experience in Electrical, electronic & mechanical design of surge protection and associated equipment
* Background in electrical power systems, industrial power electronics & power design
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Software writing, CAD design and PCB design
* Working knowledge of Altium, Spice and Autodesk Revit preferred
Education and Experience:
* BS Electrical or Electronic Engineering Degree
* 5 years related design experience
* 5 years electrical/electronic manufacturing experience
* 3 years of experience working with surge protection components (MOVs- Metal Oxide Varistor, Transorbs, Gas Tubes)
* 3 years project experience working with a standards organization (direct UL and/or IEC experience preferred)
* Experience in Regulatory Certification (UL, CSA, ISO, IEC, ETL, CE, ABS, EAC, etc.) and Environmental Compliance (ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.) preferred
* Specific UL 1449, UL 1283, UL 497, UL 50, and UL 96(A) experience preferred to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards for safety and performance.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. Were looking for people with a passion for success on the job and beyond.
LET US LEARN ABOUT YOU! APPLY TODAY.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.