Install Technician II (Sign on bonus OR relocation package available) at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long term position as an Install Technician for our Security Business.
* Install intrusion, fire CCTV, and access control security systems.
* Run electrical wiring in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces, which can include drilling, trenching and aerial runs.
* Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
* Troubleshoot new system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure system meets local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
* Assist and interface with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
* Proper documentation of installation issues/actions/resolutions both internally and externally (site visit reports, acceptance forms, service tickets, etc.)
* Perform installation and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Record productive time versus travel time.
* Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
* Maintain adequate parts inventory for service vehicle; keep inventory log.
* Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
* Keep updated on all changes/modifications to equipment and Ansi 156.10 standard through published communications (TechTip). Attend and complete training programs as requested.
* Must hold 3+ years experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control and CCTV security systems
* Prior Construction, field sales or field service experience desired
* IP Video and IT experience required
* A valid state driver s license, without restrictions is required
* High School Diploma required
* Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
* Carry weights from 75 pounds
* NICET Certification highly preferred
* Lenel, Pro-Watch, Software House, Picture Perfect certifications highly preferred
* Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
* Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
* Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls
* Vocational/Technical Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience
Stanley Black & Decker is an equal opportunity employer, and offers employees a competitive benefits package.50994BR
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.