Associate Manager, IT Manufacturing Support at Tesla
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Tesla is seeking an Associate Manager for IT Manufacturing Support to lead our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in managing IT at medium to large manufacturing sites. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in MS Windows and linux operating systems, network troubleshooting experience, and leadership experience.
* Serve as the lead for all aspects of IT Manufacturing Support for Tesla s Fremont Factory
* Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of IT Manufacturing Support Technicians
* Drive the effort to continuously provide world class IT support to Tesla s user community
* Escalate any known outages and participate in all outage calls (24x7) for the Fremont Factory.
* Oversee the processes for deployment, maintenance, and support, for all implemented hardware, software, and operating systems.
* Work with the IT infrastructure team to coordinate software updates and roll-outs to the Manufacturing equipment
* Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives
* Work with the IT Infrastructure team to build the strategic direction for future hardware and software decisions
* Work with customers and IT to standardize equipment for manufacturing.
* Managing incidents by working with the rest of the IT operational organization, handling escalations, and generating reports for management review
* Developing processes and policies for incident management and implementing them
* Identify trends in specific support areas and work with the stake-holders to address them.
* Expert knowledge of enterprise Windows imaging and desktop deployment technologies (preferably SCCM)
* Experience in Dev/Ops or Automation in Linux a plus (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Grafana) a plus
* Experience with touch screen PC s, Zebra printers and Motorola scanners
* Experience supporting Engineering and/or Manufacturing tools is ideal
* Windows 7, 10 and OS X in a managed desktop environment
* Experience supporting Mobile Device Management tools, ideally Airwatch.
* Solid knowledge of networks including troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations
* Good understanding of ITIL v3 standards
* General understanding server computing, networking, phone setup / support, storage, virtualization, and business applications
* Medium to Large Enterprise IT or manufacturing environment support experience is preferred
* 2-4 years of experience with Manufacturing Support in any industry but Automotive preferred
* 5+ years of experience of managing a support organization
* BS Degree in CS/equivalent or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.