Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ames, Iowa
The Workiva Caf is looking to add a Catering and Dining Assistant to assist in promoting the spirit and intent of the department s mission and strategy to provide first-class food and beverage offerings and an upscale casual experience to fellow employees at the Ames campus. Key responsibilities include assisting the Catering and Dining Manager in running the front of the house of the Caf in associate capacity providing excellence in service, adhering to established procedures, state and federal health code procedures and requirements and implementing actions to continuously meet the needs and desires of the employees and improve the customer experience. The Catering and Dining Assistant also assists with providing upscale healthy Grab and Go snack items throughout the day in all of the company locations on the Ames campus and helps with catering service needs as necessary.
What You ll Do:
* Help Catering and Dining Manager create a friendly and welcoming environment and foster an upscale, casual atmosphere in the Caf that builds energy, enthusiasm and fun, generating excellent service and positive morale
* Carry out delegated tasks to assist in food service operations, replenishes foods at serving stations, restocks supplies, cleans tables for next arriving customers or performs other tasks as needed to maintain overall service quality and ambience of dining experience
* Provide Grab and Go Snack items utilizing upscale healthy Grab and Go snack items throughout the day in all of the company locations on the Ames campus
* Close food service locations, cleans coffee machines and work areas at end of work day in all company buildings on Ames campus
* Check inventory levels; inform Catering and Dining Manager when supplies are running low or need to reorder
* Restock supplies as necessary to ensure adequate supply of food and beverage offerings are available at all times
* Collaborate with Catering and Dining Manager and/or Executive Chef to assist with catering service as necessary
What You ll Need:
* 1+ years of experience providing customer service necessary; previous experience in fast-paced, high-volume, upscale restaurant setting preferred, catering experience helpful
* High School diploma required; associates or bachelor s degree in culinary arts or hotel/restaurant management preferred, or appropriate combination of education and experience
* Familiarity with ServSafe standards preferred; ServSafe Certification a plus
* Position requires physical ability for prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies and operating equipment
* Valid driver s license required
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems.
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
* FANTASTIC BENEFITS: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS: Need a break* Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
* EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
* CASUAL DRESS: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
* WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Start with 40 hours of paid time off, accruing up to 120 in your first year and accruing more based on years of service. Paid holidays and many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
* EXTRAS: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even two dog-friendly offices.
Learn more on our Muse Page