Territory Business Manager at Zoetis, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
LOCATION: BAKERSFIELD/SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The US Cattle and Equine Business Unit is one of the largest businesses within Zoetis worldwide operations. We focus on maximizing the value of our broad veterinary and producer solutions portfolio by building and sustaining relevant partnerships with veterinarians and producer owners. Based on our business model and operating environment we bring more than just medicines, services, and expertise to the marketplace we deploy a range of targeted activities to support our solutions offerings in meeting the needs of our customers. The territory business manager position requires the individual to manage the Zoetis Animal Health Dairy business with Distributors, Veterinarians, Dealers, and Producers in your respective territory. It will be advantageous for the person in this position to understand the Dairy market. The position will require some travel and nights away from home.
* Calling on dairy producers, veterinarians, dealers, and distributor representatives and being able to quantify and qualify differences among Zoetis Animal Health products and those of our competitors.
* Utilizing excellent presentation skills to conduct educational training and exhibiting selling skills at accounts and producer seminars.
* Building relationships and influence within key trade channels including: veterinarians, distributors, extension and university personnel.
* Managing a broad geographic area with a diverse customer base to achieve sales targets and objectives.
* Build Trust with customers through developing reliability, credibility and follow-up.
* Territory Planning & Priority Setting through data analysis, planning, utilization of resources and execution of business plans
* Technical & Commercial Knowledge General knowledge of the Dairy Industry, in-depth product knowledge of Zoetis portfolio of products, and business & financial acumen of local customer base
* Teamwork Share, collaborate and act as a team player
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned and directed.
* The position requires the ability to call on producers, veterinarians and the supporting influencers
* The position also requires the ability to work with internal colleagues effectively as a team SAM/DPS/LPS/QMS colleagues that share in account responsibilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) Required
* Masters in animal science or equivalent degree is a plus
* A minimum of 6 months of cattle related experience preferred for Associate TM; A minimum of 3 years of cattle related experience for a TM
* Animal Health experience and knowledge of the Dairy industry is preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* In-depth product and disease knowledge
* Experience with Dairy Comp, DHI Plus or PC Dart is plus
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* The position will require a valid drivers license
* Willingness to drive to customer locations across defined geography Producer, Clinic & dealer facilities
* Requires individual to be able to work on diary farms
* Requires individual to be willing to work with cows from husbandry to treatment administration and product administration education.
* Ability and willingness to travel overnight to include some weekends
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.