Quality Milk Specialist at Zoetis, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
LOCATION: TULARE, CA
The Quality Milk Specialist position is a highly specialized role that is primarily aligned to our
largest dairy producer customers. The position requires the individual to have a high degree of
experience and insights around milk production practices. In order to be effective in the role,
the individual must have in-depth product expertise, an advanced financial understanding of the
Class milk markets and milk components, an understanding of how disease impacts milk productivity
and a deep knowledge base of milk process management on the dairy. The position will require the
individual to work as part of an account team, so communication, collaboration and teamwork are
essential skills for the role. Finally, a general understanding of continuous improvement
principles around milk quality are essential to be successful in the role.
* Calling on Dairy producers, veterinarians and the supporting influencers
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and
influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an
* Effectively communicate how our products, services and technical expertise can impact
productivity and efficiency of the Dairy Enterprise. Specifically around Milk Quality, production
and milk components.
* Communication/Presentation skills to effectively deliver training and sales presentations to farm
labor, farm management, farm ownership and all related influencers
* In-depth, Financial, Industry and Business Acumen
* Understand key industry trends so that you can effectively communicate relevant insights to the
customer that create value for their business.
* Manage resources effectively to achieve business objectives, sales targets, and increased
* Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others
beyond dominant logic
* Demonstrate Advanced Solution Selling Skills - Teach new insights, Taylor to individual needs and
Take control of the sales process from end to end, including implementation of new process that may
be required as customers adopt new ways of doing things.
* Perform on-farm milk quality evaluations.
* Utilize QMAX, a science based approach to evaluating milk quality, to uncover opportunities and
to drive change that will help the customer improve milk quality on their farm.
* Ability to manage a broad geographic area with a diverse customer base to achieve sales targets
* Effectively and openly communicate and collaborate with account team and utilize Touch Point to
create transparency and record data and call entry
* Responsible for meeting all Milk Quality Products, Services and Production Best Practices and
* The position requires the ability to call on Dairy producers, veterinarians and the supporting
* The position also requires the ability to work with internal colleagues effectively as a team
TBM/SAM/DPS colleagues that share in account responsibilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) preferred
* Masters in animal science or equivalent degree is preferred
* 5+ years of related experience including sales, dairy husbandry, dairy parlor management, or
related milk quality experience is preferred
* Animal Health experience and knowledge of Dairy production experience is preferred
* Language Spanish is a plus
* Experience with Quality Milk Management
* Animal Science degree is a plus
* Experience with Dairy Comp, DHI Plus or PC Dart is preferred
* DMAIC is a plus
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* The position will require a valid driver s license
* Willingness to drive to customer locations across defined geography Producer, Clinic &
* Requires individual to be able to work in a dairy parlor or dairy barn
* Requires individual to be willing to work with dairy cows from husbandry,
milking and treatment administration/education.
* Ability and willingness to travel overnight to include some weekends
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.