Senior Scrum Master, Application Development - Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
This role is process management focused, working with the Charter s Network and Service Management (NSM) unit of Spectrum Enterprise, network and software developers, development architect, development testers, business administrators, operations team and product organization. The role is responsible for a sensible sprint commitment and delivering on that obligation by Agile development methodologies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Closely monitors velocity and works with the development architect to make sure all developers are being productive and are set up to succeed each and every sprint.
* Runs all Scrum ceremonies, including: daily stand ups, backlog grooming, planning poker, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives; but also ensures to avoid meeting overload.
* Attends bug-triage meetings and helps assign responsible development teams.
* Responsible for the burndown chart making sense, keeping in-sprint stories organized and properly managed, and continually checking in with the development team to both increase productivity and ensure quality.
* Creates and supports complex business processes.
* Supports multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining close working relationship with business partners and development teams.
* Advocates for the Agile process across the company.
* Reports on development team progress early and often.
* Manages, maintains utilizes the chosen project management tool (JIRA).
* Contributes to the planning of Product Roadmaps.
* Ensures alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Proven track record building and releasing new products/features from conception to production (preferably in telecommunications industry).
* Understands both Scrum and Kanban methodologies and can easily interchange based off team needs.
* Extensive experience working with Rally, JIRA, or other Agile development tools.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative Scaled Agile environment.
* Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly.
* Ability to manage and foster change in a complex and diverse environment.
* In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology. Ability to motivate and mentor team members.
* Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results.
* Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks. Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure. Show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications; proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Good organizational and office management skills. Great cognitive, analytical and communications skills. Excellent business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
* Preferred AGILE scrum certified (Certified Scrum Master-CSM) or PMP Certification.
Related Work Experience
* Professional - Scrum Master 5+ Years
* Industry Telecommunications 3+ Years
* Office environment
* Limited travel