Speech Language Pathologist/SLP-Home Health at Signature Hospice
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
PRN Home Health Speech Language Pathologist/SLP
Access Home Care - 240 W Burnside Avenue Suite B - Pocatello, Idaho 83202
Signature Team Video - Click Here!
The Home Health Speech Language Pathologist/SLP provides speech therapy services to patients with mild to severe speech, language, and swallowing related disorders in order to help patients recover or restore communication skills and swallowing abilities.
* Make initial evaluation visits to patients in their place of residence.
* Use various tests to determine the nature and extent of the patient s impairment.
* Develop an appropriate plan of care; revise treatment plans as necessary.
* Communicate to physicians the patient s progress and any changes in the plan of care.
* Advise and consult with patient s family, caregivers, and other staff on safety precautions and safe swallow protocols.
* Complete clinical and progress notes the day of service.
* Master s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an SLP in this state.
* Must meet the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC s) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
* Current CPR Certification.
* Minimum 1 year clinical work experience as an SLP-CCC.
* Must have a valid driver s license and current automobile insurance.
* Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and communicating with patients and caregivers.
* Ability to meet productivity expectations, organize tasks and manage time effectively.
* Work independently without supervision, and use good judgment in difficult situations.
* Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer