Sr. Manager, Sales Training at Seqirus
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Summit, New Jersey
Responsible for collaborating closely with Sales leadership to develop competencies critical to a high performance sales team. Ensures the planning, development and delivery of a comprehensive, staged sales training curriculum which includes: live training at Plan of Action Meetings, Ongoing remote training throughout the sales year as dictated by business needs, advanced training initiatives for Account Management team. Drives program procurement or development in all sales-related areas, including: product/disease state knowledge, quality and safety, selling skills, manufacturing, and customer-relationship management (CRM) system.
NEW HIRE TRAINING:
* Develops, maintains and implements two-phase curriculum on company products/disease states treated, selling skills, and corporate culture for all sales force employees and managers.
* Evaluates performance of newly hired employees throughout training period, and reports progress to Regional Sales Managers.
* Ensures that program contains current information on market conditions, competitor products, sales process, efficient time usage and customer segmentation.
* Coaches and prepares Regional Sales Managers to have an integral role in ongoing real world experiences selling Seqirus products.
* Facilitates portions of training related to organizational knowledge, product quality/safety, and customer focus.
ONGOING SALES TRAINING:
* Plays an active and integral role in the development and delivery of additional product/disease state and selling skills programs and tools for existing staff, as required for new indications, changes in products or to business strategy
* Works collaboratively with functional leaders in Marketing and Medical Affairs as the voice of selling professionals to ensure that all programs meet sales force needs and are appropriate for this audience.
* Directs the design and implementation of product-specific workshops for large-scale Sales Meetings, as requested, and ensures that Regional Sales Managers have the appropriate tools to conduct these workshops.
* Plays a support role in new product launch teams, from inception through release of the product. Also collaborates throughout launch planning with Marketing and Medical to develop instructor-led learning events for launch meetings.
* Ensures that these programs contain the appropriate information for sales and generate the enthusiasm and involvement needed for a successful market launch and long-term growth.
TECHNOLOGY ENABLED PROGRAMS & TOOLS:
* Manages the development of web-based training programs by outside vendors used as self-study for new hire training and product launches.
* Consults with sales management and Medical Affairs staff to determine the type and level of information required for initial training.
* Maintains these programs as product information changes.
* Collaborates with other department members and contract sales company to implement field sales and office staff training for Veeva CRM
* Ensures that introductory training for field sales representatives is completed through web-based tutorials.
* Collaborates with sales leadership to determine type and level of performance support recommended for longer-tenured sales employees, i.e. Account Managers.
* Collaborates with leadership and outside vendors for program content and implements programs for selected individuals.
* Acts as a liaison to the field teams to develop new and innovative methods to approach training or go to market sales strategies.
* Interfaces with Sr. Director, Sales and other internal stakeholders to implement new concepts.
* Participates as a key member of the Sales Leadership teams and joins team calls regularly.
* Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in life sciences or related field. MBA a plus
* 5-7 years experience that includes several of the following roles: sales, sales management, sales training, curriculum/program development, and medium to large-scale program implementations.
* Pharma or related industry experience highly desirable.
Experience with Adult learning principles, distance-learning technology.
Working knowledge of various selling skills models and platforms. Life sciences background highly desirable.
Excellent written and oral Communication skills, Training program design, development, facilitation and implementation, and vendor management.
Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Worker Sub Type:Regular.