Registered Nurse - 4 North - Pediatrics - 23060 at United Hospital Center, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE
REPORTS TO: NURSE MANAGER
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
UPDATED:12/04, 2/05,12/06,12/07,12/08,1/09,12/10, 3/11,3/12,1/13,2/14
Responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of the patient utilizing the nursing process; participates in patient and family education and directs the activities of the ancillary personnel.
Center is dedicated and committed to Organizational Excellence and our corporate values, PRIDE, EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, CARING and SERVICE. We accept nothing less.
1. Graduate of a school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in the state of West Virginia to practice professional nursing.
3. Pediatrics experienced preferred.
4. Participates in continuing education through available means.
5. PALS and basic dysrhythmia complete within 6 months of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR REGISTERED NURSE
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Performs and/or reviews the initial assessment upon admission, and does continuing assessments thereafter, implementing and evaluating patient care, according to policy, using professional judgment to determine the physical, psychological, and social needs of the patient and documents this in the chart 95% of the time.
Makes clinical rounds to establish personal contact with each patient on clinical area 100% of the time.
Demonstrates competency in technical and clinical skills, completes skills checklist, and correctly performs these skills daily as requested 100% of the time.
Administers medications as ordered by physician and according to accepted policy and procedure 100% of the time.
Communicates plan of care and patient needs effectively, in a multi-disciplinary fashion, to any and all involved persons and/or departments 100% of the time.
Completes and accurately transcribes and carries out physicians orders 100% of the time.
Anticipates teaching needs of each patient; modifying, adapting, executing, and evaluating the plan on a regular basis 90% of the time.
Develops a discharge plan, individualized to meet the needs of the patient and family 90% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)