Registered Nurse - 6 North - Med Surge/Stepdown - 23060 at United Hospital Center, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE
DEPARTMENT: 6 NORTH
REPORTS TO: NURSE MANAGER
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
UPDATED:_12/04, 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 12/08, 12/09 , 10/10, 3/11, 12/12
Responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of the patient utilizing the nursing process; participates in patient and family education and directs the activities of the ancillary personnel.
When designated charge nurse:
Responsible for coordinating unit activity to assure standards of care are met and patient care is provided via collaboration with unit staff, physicians, ancillary departments, patient and families.
Center is dedicated and committed to A Organizational Excellence@ and our corporate values, PRIDE, EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, CARING and SERVICE. We accept nothing less.
1. Graduate of a school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in the State of West Virginia to practice professional nursing.
3. Participates in continuing education through available means.
4. Works effectively with others processing tact, discretion and diplomacy.
5. Completes ACLS within 1 year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR 6 NORTH REGISTERED NURSE
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)