Emergency Dept Tech - 100188 at United Hospital Center, Inc.
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
TITLE: EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
REPORTS TO: CLINICAL DIRECTOR
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
UPDATED:_12/04, 12/05, 12/06, 12/07,12/08,12/09,12/10, 3/11, 1/12____
To assist the medical and nursing staff by giving emergency care which involves knowledge of surgical asepsis and techniques and treatment and displays the ability to function under stress and assist quickly in emergencies. Performs clerical functions under direction of charge nurse.
1. High school graduate or GED with minimum of one course of typing and computer training in high school, college, or vocational school.
2. Current Emergency Department Experience Preferred.
3. Previous experience in patient care environment in a hospital, EMS. Must be able to operate computer terminal, copier machine, fax machine.
4. Must have current CPR card within six weeks of hire.
5. EMT/Paramedic preferred. If not EMT/Paramedic, Patient Care Assistant training and experienced is required.
6. Basic understanding of sterile technique and procedures required.
7. Must possess human relation skills and phone skills and etiquette.
8. Basic understanding of medical terminology.
9. Customer Relations experience preferred.
10. Must be able to consistently utilize tact, patience, cooperation and perceptiveness in interpersonal interactions.
11. Must be able to meet and effectively deal with a variety of people, fostering sound, positive relationships between UHC and consumers of the Emergency Department services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Communicates effectively with patients currently in the ED as well as discharged patients and admitted patients.
Visual acuity must be unimpaired.
Handwriting must be legible.
Must have extensive walking.
Hearing must be unimpaired.
Very high stress area.
Must be able to communicate with patient and/or family in a pleasant manner.
Must have ability to do medium lifting requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)