Administrative Specialist III at University of Arkansas
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. This position assists fiscal staff in coordinating requisitions and travel for department personnel.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
* At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
* At least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Work experience at the University of Arkansas with experience working with Adobe products and University software including UAConnect, webBASIS, BASIS, Concur, and Razorbuy
* Record of project management and working in a team/collaborative environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of computers and software applications
* Computer competency skills requiring word-processing, spreadsheet, and software knowledge and experience
* Ability to conduct research and compile data and prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports
* Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports
* Ability to establish and maintain filing systems
* Ability to operate standard office equipment
* Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures
* Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
TYPE OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
National criminal background and registered sex offender check
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - White Hall/BELL Engineering Center
PAY GRADE LEVEL
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.