Regional Aggregates Manager - (New Hampshire & Vermont) at Pike Industries, Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Barre, Vermont
Job ID: 129597
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
West Area Aggregates Manager
We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, motivated candidate to oversee the aggregate operations in the Western part of Pike Industries. The position will oversee the following Pike locations; Hooksett, Belmont, Waterford, Gorham, New Haven, Danby, West Lebanon, Hartland, Williamstown, and the Portables located within the West area of Pike.
The Aggregate Area Manager will report directly to the VP of Aggregates and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Safety - Promote Safe work behaviors through daily engagement, facilitate cross audit inspections of sites to promote zero citation culture. Ensure annual integrity checks are complete at each site. Prompt review and resolution to any incidents. Facilitate and participate in Annual refresher training.
- Quality - Ensure communications with QC team is flawless and that each respective site collaborates with QC personnel on consistent basis. Facilitate and participate in QC audits to ensure compliance with QC plans outlined for each respective site.
- Right People - Promote the Right People, Right Place, Right Time strategy. Ensure robust development plans exist for all high potential candidates under his area. Ensure culture of accountability. Facilitate and promote appropriate training for personnel in the safety, technical & leadership fields.
- Collaboration - Work with Sales, HMA Managers, Equipment Managers & Peers to ensure balancing of resources and making optimal decisions for the greater benefit of Pike.
- 3 Year Mine Plan - Ensure plan exists and understood by site personnel. Follow up and inspect that mining is largely consistent with that plan.
- 3 Year Cap Ex Plan - Ensure plan exists for must do replacements 3 years out. Drive to find projects that will decrease costs, improve output or better balance inventory on site.
- Current Year Cap Ex - Ensure projects are budgeted appropriately, procurement is involved with vendor negotiation, implementation plan is created and contractors and site personnel are aligned with plan and execute to same.
- Production - Ensure 90 day production forecast aligns with demand and that inventory on site is balanced. Communicates with sales on any demand or balance issues and works to resolve. Assist with working through any major plant down situations with site manager in decision making and scheduling people, parts, and equipment.
- Maintenance - Coordinates any large planned repairs with all necessary resources (internal and external).
- Winter - Plans all winter activities for the West area including stripping, repairs, sales activities, etc.
- Costs - Reviews performance daily, weekly, and monthly. Assists in resolving any major cost impact situations that occur daily. Conducts weekly production review call to discuss performance gaps for the previous week. Drives home performance on a monthly basis via detailed review of POR's & job cost detail.
- Budget/Forecast - Assists with cost inputs for budgets. Ensures accuracy of demand forecast tool on a monthly basis to assist in producing an accurate aggregate forecast.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable about all roles within an aggregate facility.
- Must have 5-7 years previous supervisory experience.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of Mine, Safety, Health, Regulations.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver’s license
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.