Mechanical Engineer at Entegris
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Decatur, TexasJob Description:
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.
Job ID 2018-5071
Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
Our technology-driven firm's new product development department currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer. The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the department, including design, research, prototyping, and engineering documentation. The successful candidate will report directly to the New Product Development Manager, and collaborate with operations/manufacturing and product management teams on projects supporting glass handling markets. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
In this role you will
The glass handling market is the fastest paced of all the markets we support. From receipt of input, a finalized design (model and supporting print) is required within 24 hours and the finished product is expected to ship within 3 days. Supporting this market requires about 800 new designs per year, which are primarily small derivatives using existing material grades. This position will support the creation of new designs to support customers fast turn requirements, application of developed engineering principles, and development of new concepts and engineering practices. This role will support the development of new products supporting these high temperature glass handling applications.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Use specialized software to create models and drawings of products
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs
- Coordinate prototype testing
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years' experience in mechanical design
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes ideal
- Understanding of current machining technologies
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
Your success will be measured by
- Accountability, Dedication to Excellence, Integrity, Trust, Creativity, Teamwork