Residential Loan Officers at East Cambridge Savings Bank
Posted in Banking 11 days ago.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
East Cambridge Savings Bank’s Lending Division is actively recruiting for Residential Loan Officers
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President/Chief Lending Officer, solicits and develops new sources of business and loan opportunities and originates residential loan products in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Proven loan origination sales experience at local bank or mortgage lender
- 2 or more years of mortgage origination experience preferred
- Familiarity with Middlesex County preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of secondary market underwriting guidelines
- Well developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to travel freely and work without direct supervision
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for selling and originating high quality mortgage loans to meet established production goals. Develops relationships with attorneys, local housing agencies, developers and real estate brokers to generate new mortgage business.
- Solicits customers generated through various channels, including but not limited to external contacts, First Time Home Buyer seminars, telephone or electronic e-mail leads, the Bank’s website, etc. Analyzes each applicant's data, working with the borrower to prepare a complete application. Initiates processing and conducts preliminary underwriting. Determines and recommends appropriate loan products to meet the needs of the customer. Approves consumer loans up to established limits.
- Manages the customer experience. Serves as the liaison between all parties i.e. Brokers, borrowers, and the Bank during the application process for mortgage loans. Prior to closings, acts as liaison with attorneys to ensure documentation is accurate and consistent. Responds to customer questions and inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Banking Center personnel, providing guidance as needed. Maintains a general understanding of all products and services offered to effectively present these products and services to customers.
- Represents the Bank by participating in various networking, community and industry related activities which includes but is not limited to speaking at Mortgage Seminars, representing the Bank at Mortgage Trade Fairs, acting as a Mortgage Consultant at banking centers, etc. Promotes Bank services and products to potential customers when possible.
- Keeps abreast of residential and consumer loan products and the applicable State and Federal regulations and compliance issues. Complies fully with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, policies and procedures, including but not limited to the S.A.F.E. Act and its registration, renewal and updating standards.
- Analyzes each applicant's loan and deposit relationship with the Bank, reviewing how various Bank products may address an applicant's banking needs and ensuring that any appropriate cross sale opportunities have been undertaken.
- Assists with special assignments/projects, and in the development of new products and services to remain competitive.
Contact our Human Resources Division or visit www.ecsb.com/careers for more details.
Submit your resume to:
Email: email@example.com (preferred) Fax: 617-252-6877 Phone: 617-354-7700
East Cambridge Savings Bank, Attn: Human Resources
344 Cambridge Street Cambridge, MA 02141
East Cambridge Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer