Diagnostic Engineer at Liebert Corporation
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Diagnostics Engineer is responsible for knowledge of installation, commissioning, and service on all products by Liebert. The Diagnostics Engineer is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. The Diagnostics Engineer is also required to maintain continuous communication and follow up. This is an intermediate-level position.
- Render phone assistance to customers in the form of technical support.
- Communicate with Parts, Warranty and Technical Services on equipment issues
- Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines.
- Keep current on Safety Bulletins, Safety Field Change Notices, Field
- Change Notices, and Service Tips
- Must be current on all safety guidelines in accordance with Electrical, and HVAC requirements. Operate in a safe manner
- Perform simulation and test on old or new product assemblies for functionality and operations.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines,
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, and forms.
- Maintain company property according to company policies, vehicle, credit cards, test equipment, laptop, pager.
- Provide proper and adequate communication to internal and external customers
- Complete service records documentation properly and provide to the customer and local sales office upon completion of each assignment
- Understand and comply with company startup/escalation processes and procedures
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Maximize productivity by combining opportunities
- Capable of making technical and commercial decisions under pressure
- Properly evaluate backcharges for appropriate billing status
- Participate as service representative in new product development process.
- Miscellaneous as requested
- Interpersonal Skills, Professional, Reliable, Team Player
- Familiarity with electrical / electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical diagrams, piping drawings and blueprints
- Working knowledge of principles of refrigeration and air conditioning laws and electronic theory
- Strong skill sets: Communication skills, Customer service skills,
- Troubleshooting skills, Safety procedures, Computer skills, Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of legacy and current products.
- 10% travel may be required, work flexible schedules and maintain valid driver’s license
- A combination of education and experience to equal the following:
- Minimum 2-year HVAC degree plus 3-5 years experience in a related field with equivalent industry experience (prefer experience in electrical / electronics equipment).
- EPA 608 certification (required)
- Professional HVAC industry certifications such as NATE, MTAA, Journeyman’s HVAC license (preferred)