Administrative Assistant III DE Rehabilitation Institute at University of Delaware
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Newark, DelawareJob Description:
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Assistant III DE Rehabilitation Institute
Job ID 105332
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 27N
DEADLINE: March 23, 2018
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the DRI Business Administrator, the Administrative Assistant III will provide administrative support in a variety of operational areas to the DRI Director and the Business Administrator. The main focus of this position is to assist the Business Administrator with administrative of DRI federal awards and proposal preparation of large center grants, as well as assisting in the day to day running of a fast paced, growing institute.
- Assist with financial administration of DRI awards including funding amounts and reporting deadlines.
- Enter awarded budgets into PeopleSoft to create project accounts.
- Collect progress reports, inclusion of enrollment forms, IRB/IACUC, publication lists, other support forms, and budgets from the six (6) primary investigators and Pilot Projects.
- Compile data into correct federal agency format.
- Create and maintain excel spreadsheets tracking after end date spending.
- Check charges for compliance to federal agency rules and regulations.
- Closeout all projects using the UD Research Office's Automatic Closeout Report system.
- Execute journal vouchers when needed for account cleanup.
- Approve all purchase requests for DRI accounts.
- Obtain material transfer agreement forms for any project subcontracts.
- Track spending for all equipment fabrications.
- Schedule monthly meeting for PI's as well as take meeting minutes, provide financial information for meeting, etc.
- Schedule semiannual external advisory committee meeting, including making travel arrangements, setting up conference calls, lunch, taking minutes, and requesting any reimbursement needed for committee members.
- Reconcile monthly statements for the all DRI federal awards including verifying charges are allowable and allocable to the grant.
- Poster printing for research faculty and grad students.
- Assist in the DRI ResCore when needed.
- Place ads in newspaper and other publications for participant recruitment.
- Place orders for office and lab supplies for the institute.
- Greet and direct visitors
- Review, route and prioritize mail
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, including the scheduling of the DRI Conference Room.
- Design office filing systems; organize and maintains files; maintain, update and review reference materials and manuals.
- Resolve routine questions and problems and refer more complex issues to higher levels.
- Draft and edit correspondence. Create spreadsheets. Analyze data. Develop and print reports.
- Miscellaneous support functions for DRI faculty and staff.
- Other miscellaneous duties assigned by the Business Administrator.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred, and three to five years of experience.
- Ability to represent the Institute to a wide variety of personnel in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions, plan, assign, and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to use advanced word processing, spreadsheet, database and financial/budget management software. Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to learn new software features as technologies evolve.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse organization.
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply institutional, state, and federal policies related to fiscal and personnel records management.
- Experience in health care environment preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative systems and office management knowledge.
- Ability to plan work schedule and work independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Strong skills in use of PC/MAC desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in PeopleSoft a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html