Technical Business Unit Manager at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Jabil is a $17B diversified electronics manufacturing solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a Technical Business Unit Manager to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
Manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s Technology road map. Capable of selling Jabil’s value-add services such as design, layout, and Global Operations Services (Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Test, R & D, etc.) globally. Develop and grow business through profitable design wins and flawless execution. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide single-point-of-contact to customer for all design-related activities. Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedules. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering very highly complex technology projects. This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedules/financials, and managing multiple global projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Jabil’s integration into customer’s technology roadmap
- Technical expert on customer’s products and technology
- Technically develops, manages and delivers very highly complex technology projects including developing complex detailed Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, project schedules/financials, managing multiple global projects, and design service agreements (DSA)
- Present and sell Jabil’s Technology to assigned customer or program. Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers
- Act as the main escalation point between Jabil Design and the mass-production BU
- Serves as primary contact relationship owner with the customer’s design/central engineering group and supports all of their technical projects. Functions as the point of contact in technical questions between Jabil and the customer
- Establishes strategic direction for Jabil Design and Product Development teams
- Sell and increase exposure of Jabil/Jabil Technology Services such as design services, layout services, and Global Operations Services inside of the customer’s organization
- Serves as primary point of contact for early supplier involvement on new customer R & D projects
- Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions. Identifies BU’s strategic and technical direction
- Utilizes tools to monitor cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
- Manages Jabil Design forecast and workcell statement process
- Manages BU Global technical team
- Manages Jabil development operations for a particular custome
- No P&L responsibility, but is responsible for AROD (Accretive Return On Design) program
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Plus 6 - 8 years work-related experience required, preferably in Engineering or Technology fields (i.e. R & D, product design/development, road map processes, etc.)
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.