Manufacturing Engineer/Assistant Superintendent- Paper at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the Muskogee Mill operation and one of their five Paper Machines within their Paper Product System. The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities specifically within our paper manufacturing segment.
Muskogee, Oklahoma is a city located on the Arkansas River. The city is filled with parks, trails, an arboretum, and plenty of restaurants, museums, and shopping. Interested in starting a rewarding career with Georgia-Pacific but looking for city life living? Then you’re in luck! Muskogee is about 40 minutes from Tulsa, OK. Tulsa is the second largest city in Oklahoma and offers many things to do. From a city night life to enjoying its art deco architecture, Tulsa is a city that surprises visitors and satisfies all ages and interests. You cannot forget the many nationally recognized performing arts venues, world class museums, small to large concert venues, golf courses, BBQ offerings, and the wide array of professional and college sports teams. Tulsa also boasts 50 miles of scenic biking/running trails along Tulsa River Parks, in addition to the miles of hiking trails on Turkey Mountain. Whether you find your fit in Muskogee or Tulsa, or somewhere in between, we know that you can make Georgia-Pacific your next home.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Leading and fostering a culture which values and supports risk identification and personal ownership, through a principle based approach
- Leading and mentoring employees to apply MBM® (Market Based Management), consistent with our Guiding Principles
Working with and through others, ensuring a stable performance and continuous improvement of the Paper machine:
- Safety risk reduction
- Regulatory compliance
- Productivity (uptime, rate, yield)
- Reliability (asset strategy development, implementation, and execution)
- Competitive Position (cost reduction and waste elimination)
- Actively managing safety, production, and quality improvements to completion through the capital improvement work processes
- Optimizing and coordinating daily production schedules with peers and customers; prioritizing and communicating weekly and outage maintenance needs and process readiness for maintenance activities.
- Collaborating across roles and diverse groups, gathering, and sharing feedback
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pulp and Paper Science or Engineering OR two (2) years of papermaking experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
Bachelor’s Degree in Pulp and Paper Science or Engineering and five (5) years of papermaking experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf